Last updated: 3/6/2012
330 Drayton StreetSavannah, GA 31401
Special arraingements can be made for groups of 15 or more.
Monday - Saturday
10 AM - 1 PM & 2 PM - 4 PM
The Girl Scout First Headquarters was built in 1848 as the carriage house to the Andrew Low House. Juliette Gordon Low, founder of the Girl Scouts, converted the carriage house into the Girl Scout Headquarters shortly after she founded Girl Scouting in March of 1912 in Savannah, Georgia. It was willed to the Girl Scout Council of Savannah upon her death in 1927.
The First Girl Scout Headquarters building, formerly the carriage house for Juliette Low's adult home, was willed to the Girl Scouts of Savannah, GA, Inc. upon Juliette's death in 1927. The building was in continuous use for Girl Scout Troop activities, adult training, and administrative offices from 1912 until 1985, when the staff moved the Council office to 428 Bull Street. The Junior League of Savannah leased the building while the Council determined how it could be utilized best. On January 15, 1996 the First Headquarters building reopened to the public as a Girl Scout museum, program center and gift shop. It offers exciting interactive educational experiences for Girl Scouts and the community.
The building houses the archives documenting Girl Scouts from 1912 to present.
Available with prior reservation. Programs based on the first Girl Scout handbook take girls back in time. Learn signal flags, how to tie up a burglar with 8 inches of rope, period games and more.