B-RI Railroad and Heritage Museum
Third Street and Elm
Teague, TX 75860
P.O. Box 604
Teague, TX 75860
Ginny Folsom, curator/secretary
B-RI Railroad and Heritage Museum in Teague, TX is one of more than 15,400 museums in the MuseumsUSA directory. Find an exciting museum to visit where you live or vacation today.
The building was finished in 1907 and served as the Trinity and Brazos Valley Depot. It continued as a passenger depot even after changes in ownership until 1966. The second level served as headquarters for dispatch, superintendent and a variety of maintenance details for the railroad. Many of the original furnishing are incorporated into the displays and flavor of the museum. Photos from all aspects of Teague's history are displayed thoughout the Museum. A renovation was done in 1999-2000. The first floor and exterior were renovated and is now wheel chair accessable. Outside, children see inside a furnished log cabin, ring the bell on our Baldwin locomotive or sit on an antique Seagraves Fire Truck.
Original Depot furnishings, old photos, 1925 Baldwin Steam Locomotive, Caboose, Seagraves Fire Truck, Log Cabin, Jail, hundreds of photos and railroad memorablia.
local & county historical research; genealogical research for the Teague Family Research Center; transportation & railroad history
guided tours; study clubs; loan, permanent & temporary exhibitions
Board of Trustees
This information, including business hours, addresses and contact information is provided for general reference purposes only. No representation is made or warranty is given as to its content or the reliability thereof. User assumes all risk of use. Stories USA, Inc. and its content suppliers assume no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use. Please call ahead to verify the dates, the location and directions.