Last updated: 4/23/2013
Main and Magnolia Streets
Archer, FL 32618
Brenna Braley Lee, Curator
Constructed prior to 1900, this station served the route from Fernandina to Cedar Key built by David Yulee between 1857 and 1861. Originally located near the Bauknight house, it was moved to this site. The first official name of the line was the Florida Railroad. Later this became the Florida Central & Peninsular, and then part of the Seaboard Air Line Railroad. The "Eagle Mine Branch" curved to the south from the station along the present Gibson Street. The Archer Historical Society now owns the station, where there are historic items on display. A historical marker was placed for David Levy Yulee in 1989.
This information, including business hours, addresses and contact information is provided for general reference purposes only. No representation is made or warranty is given as to its content or the reliability thereof. User assumes all risk of use. Stories USA, Inc. and its content suppliers assume no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use. Please call ahead to verify the dates, the location and directions.