Events by Day

Multi-Day Events

Arlington Heights, Illinois
History, Historical Society
Arlington Heights, Illinois
Culture, History, Library
Barrington, Illinois
Children's, History, Historic House, Library, Specialized
The Applebee House: Built by Gilbert A. Applebee in 1889 on the site of an earlier home then burned in 1888. The elaborate porch and conservatory were restored in 1988. The first floor has been restored as a complete turn-of-the-century living quarters museum.
Crystal Lake, Illinois
History, Historical Society
Grayslake, Illinois
Art
Barrington, Illinois
History, Natural History, Nature Centers, Park
Crabtree is popular for birding. A total of 263 bird species have been observed and at least 89 species have been recorded to breed on the property. Numerous ducks and geese occur in spring and fall on Crabtree Lake. Spring wildflowers carpet the forested areas, as do summer and autumn blossoms in the meadows and prairies.
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Botanical Garden, Historic House
West Dundee, Illinois
History, Historical Society, Library
Mundelein, Illinois
Art
Grayslake, Illinois
Art, History
Barrington, Illinois
Children's
As of June 2006 the museum is no longer operating.

Health World Children's Museum is strictly all Outreach. Bringing Health and Safety education to the school's classrooms.
Mundelein, Illinois
General, History
Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Park
Wauconda, Illinois
Art, History
Wauconda, Illinois
Park
Libertyville, Illinois
General, History, Historical Society
Established in 1955, the Libertyville-Mundelein Historical Society collects and preserves historical material and information relative to Libertyville, Mundelein and surrounding areas in Lake County, Illinois. The 1878 Ansel B. Cook House, listed on the National Register of Historic Places, is home to the society’s archives and Victorian museum.
Long Grove, Illinois
Historical Society
Libertyville, Illinois
Mundelein, Illinois
Art, Cemetery, Park
Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Art, General, Park
Wauconda, Illinois
Historic House
Wauconda is located in the southeastern part of Wauconda Township on the banks of a beautiful little lake which has from earliest times been known as Bangs Lake, named in honor of Justus and Mark Bangs, the first settlers of the place. The town of Wauconda was organized in the year of 1849, by a vote of the people of the County to divide said County into towns.