51 Milwaukee Street
Malone, NY 13953
P.O. Box 388
Malone, NY 13953
|Tuesday - Saturday ||1:00 PM - 4:00 PM|
Cheryl Learned, President
Margaret McCarthy, Treasurer
Wanda Murtagh, 1st Vice-President
Timothy Hullquist, 2nd Vice-President
A community relies on its collective memory, from which members enrich their lives, refresh their sense of direction, and teach their children. The Franklin County House of History will strengthen community memory by supporting all efforts in Franklin County to preserve and interpret its history.
Our museum has many objects of interest including:
- 19th century maps of Franklin County
- Business advertising and general store ephemera Broom making equipment Cameras Domestic dishware, silver, crystal, and display items Family scrapbooks Farm implements Hand tools Historic kitchen items Items related to the production of linen from flax Medi
- Paper-based archives
- Photograph collections, including the Robideau Collection Spinning and weaving items Transportation objects
- Victoriana: furniture, glassware, framed art, clothing
Our library has one of the most significant document collections in the North Country for those researching genealogy and history. Our collection includes:
- 16th Regiment Civil War Papers
- Adirondack history
- Cemetery information
- Census records
- Early assessment rolls
- Family folders with individual genealogies Genealogies Kilburn papers - 48 linear feet Maps Obituaries Pre-1900 newspapers Scrapbooks School yearbooks Town and county histories Vital records
Throughout the summer and early fall we sponsor 10-15 events. These "Summer Series" take place at various places in the county. They include exhibition, workshops, lectures, historical music, and tours. All by donation.
Access: General Public, Students, Scholars, Members
Appointment required: No
Quarterly newsletter to members.
Annual review (96 pages) as bound book with selected articals and visual presentations.
Sponsorship of one or two books each year. These may be historal or pictorial in nature.
- Quarterly newsletter to members.
- Franklin Review
- Franklin County Collection I, II, III (20 in series)
- Franklin County Family Album (pictorial)
This information, including business hours, addresses and contact information is provided for general reference purposes only. No representation is made or warranty is given as to its content or the reliability thereof. User assumes all risk of use. Stories USA, Inc. and its content suppliers assume no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use. Please call ahead to verify the dates, the location and directions.