Street Address
1600 Montague Road
Devou Park
Covington, KY 41011
Mailing Address
1600 Montague Road
Devou Park
Covington, KY 41011
phone: 859-491-4003
fax: 859-491-4006
e-mail: info@bcmuseum.org
web: www.bcmuseum.org
Hours
Tuesday - Saturday10 AM - 5 PM
Sunday1 PM - 5 PM
Closed Mondays and Major Holidays
Admissions
Adults (18-59) $7
Seniors (60+) $6
Children (3-17) $4
Children Under the Age of 3 are free
Services
Gift Shop
Special Event Rental
Staff
Laurie Risch, Executive Director
phone: 859-491-4003
Sarah Siegrist, Assistant Director
phone: 859-491-4003
Regina Siegrist, Education Director
phone: 859-491-4003

Description

Behringer-Crawford Museum in the historic Devou family home (c. 1848 - 1880) opened to the public in 1950. It was so named because it featured the natural history collections of West Covington native and world traveler, William Behringer, and in honor of the museum’s first curator and noted archeologist, Ellis Crawford.

Today, the museum has transformed into a regional cultural center for the residents and tourists to our area. Featuring 450 million years of Northern Kentucky history and culture as viewed through the lens of transportation - Rivers, Roads, Rails & Runways, visitors enjoy hands-on, interactive exhibits and activities and purchase specialty souvenirs from the BCM Museum Store in a newly expanded and renovated 20,000 sq ft facility.

Behringer-Crawford Museum is also home to definitive collections of artwork by Mary Bruce Sharon, Harlan Hubbard and Wolfgang Ritschel and presents a broad range of ongoing creative, innovative and fascinating exhibits and educational programs for all ages. These include Music@BCM Concert Series, freshART, Holiday Toy Trains, the Junior Curator Program in Archaeology, school and civic group tours, and other events in consonance with our mission: 'The regional history of Northern Kentucky as part of the Ohio Valley must be preserved for the benefit of present and future generations. Therefore, the Behringer-Crawford Museum is a center for the collection, presentation, study and enjoyment of our natural, cultural, and visual and performing arts heritage.'

History

The facility opened in July of 1950 under the direction of Ellis Crawford and funded by the City of Covington. In 1979 the Behringer Memorial Museum closed and opened in 1980 as the Behringer-Crawford Museum under a board of directors and Greg Harper as Curator. Ms. Laurie Risch took over for Greg Harper in 1987 and currently serves as Executive Director of the Behringer-Crawford Museum.

Artifacts Collections

Transportation, art, documents, regional artifacts

Research Collections

Art, historical papers and documents, books, journals.

Educational Programs

Exhibitions, teacher workshops, docent program, educators guide, lectures, concerts, school tours

    Governance

    25-member board of trustees

    Library

    Access: General Public

    Appointment required: Yes

    Publications

    Newsletters, email updates, periodic press releases.

    • Artifacts
    • History in Motion

    ADA

    Wheelchair Accessible

    Services

    Gift Shop

    Special Event Rental