6th at Tomlinson
Moundsville, WV 26041
P.O. Box 826
Moundsville, WV 26401
Mrs. Anna Bennet, Assistant Curator
The Fostoria Glass Society of America, Inc. is a nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation formed to acquire and disseminate detailed knowledge concerning Fostoria Glass, and to establish and maintain a museum for housing and displaying Fostoria glass.
In 1903, Charles and Birdie Burchinal purchased a large portion of the block bounded by 6th Street and Tomlinson Avenue in Moundsville and began building a house. Unable to finish the house, on August 22, 1908 the Burchinal's sold 12 parcels including the lot and house to William H. and Maria Batson. One year later, Anna Belle Smith or "Ma Smith" as she became known, purchased the house, had it completed, and moved in with her three daughters and two sons-in-law. The house remained the property of "Ma Smith" until 1942, and has since been used as offices, a residence, and finally as the Masonic Lodge. Fostoria Glass Society of America, Inc. agreed to purchase the property in 1988, and completed payments for ownership in 1990.
Elegant glassware produced by the Fostoria Glass Co.
Newsletter, Facets of Fostoria, published 6 times a year.
This information, including business hours, addresses and contact information is provided for general reference purposes only. No representation is made or warranty is given as to its content or the reliability thereof. User assumes all risk of use. Stories USA, Inc. and its content suppliers assume no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use. Please call ahead to verify the dates, the location and directions.