1827 Main St
Coventry, CT 06238
Evan Old Guy, Staff Contact
'The Root House was built 1845 at the corner of Church and Lemon Streets by Hannah and William Root, early settlers of Marietta. Mr. Root was one of Marietta's earliest merchants and its first druggist. He was the first merchant to receive a shipment of goods on the Western and Atlantic Railroad.
Today the Greek Revival style house stands just two blocks from its original location. It is one of the oldest surviving frame houses in Marietta, and offers a glimpse of the home life of a middle class merchant and his family.
Furnished with period furniture in the fashion of the 1850's, each room shows evidence of middle class life-style.'
This information, including business hours, addresses and contact information is provided for general reference purposes only. No representation is made or warranty is given as to its content or the reliability thereof. User assumes all risk of use. Stories USA, Inc. and its content suppliers assume no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use. Please call ahead to verify the dates, the location and directions.