Street Address
5164 East Telegraph Road
Piru, CA 93040
Mailing Address
P.O. Box 308
Piru, CA 93040
phone: 805-521-1501
e-mail: info@ranchocamulos.org
web: www.ranchocamulos.org/
Hours
Wednesdays and Saturdays, 1 - 4 PM
The museum is closed during inclement weather (rain, high winds, etc.)
Museum Type(s)
Staff
Hillary Weireter, Program Coordinator
phone: 805-521-1501

History

The present 1,800 acre Camulos Ranch, established by Ygnacio del Valle in 1853, was carved out of the 48,612 acre Rancho San Francisco, granted in 1839 to Ygnacio's father Antonio del ValIe, majordomo and administrator of Mission San Fernando. Camulos was located at the western boundary of the rancho and was originally a Tataviam Indian village known as Kamulus. The San Fernando Mission used the area as early as 1804 for raising small animals and crops grown by the Indians, who numbered 416 when visited by Inspector General of the Missions in 1839.

Educational Programs

Tours and Events:
National Historic Landmark
National Register of Historic Places
Ventura County Landmark #152