570 Ocean Blvd.
Rye, NH 03870
570 Ocean Bvld.
Rye, NH 03870
April 1-October 31November 1-March 31
|Sunday - Monday, Saturday||10 AM - 5 PM|
Open every day during school vacations. Open to members every day all year. Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's Day and Easter Sunday.
Children (3 and older): $3
Children under 3: Free
Special Event Rental
Wendy Lull, President
phone: 603-436-8043 x15
Ashley Stokes, Event Coordinator
phone: 603-436-8043 x14
Amanda Kaplan, Birthday Party Coordinator
phone: 603-436-8043 x24
Sarah Toupin, Program Registrar
phone: 603-436-8043 x20
Karen Provazza, Marketing Director
phone: 603-436-8043 x12
Nichole Rutherford, Development Director
phone: 603-436-8043 x26
The Seacoast Science Center is a marine science education institution that provides fun and interactive learning experiences for families through nature programs and live animal exhibits.
The Seacoast Science Center, located in historically rich Odiorne Point State Park, provides exceptional learning experiences in the marine and environmental sciences through dynamic and innovative programs and exhibits.
We hold the following values as guidelines for the organization:
- We create environments in which learning is fun
- We practice what we teach: caring for animals, people, the Park and the Gulf of Maine
- We hold our interpretive and business practices to high standards
- We approach everything we do with a sense of honesty, integrity and understanding
- We help each other do whatever it takes to support the organization
- We encourage experimentation and build from lessons learned
Founded in 1992, the Center is located in historically rich Odiorne Point State Park on the New Hampshire seacoast. It serves 75,000 visitors annually with exhibits that interpret the area's history and habitats, including salt and fresh water aquariums. Nature programs, offered for all ages from 18 months through senior rediscovery, range in format from nature walks and travel programs to lectures and hands-on activities. The Center's premier exhibit, Tofu: The Journey of a Humpback Whale, tells the life story of a young humpback that once lived in the Gulf of Maine. Tofu's skeleton is the only whale skeleton on public display between Gloucester, Massachusetts and Bar Harbor, Maine. In 2010, NBC's TODAY Show recognized the Center as one of six Lend a Hand TODAY recipients: the
only environmental education institution chosen that year.
We create connections to nature by offering:
- Educational programs and environmental day camps for children 18 months to 8th grade
- Adult learning opportunities from Heritage Dinners to expedition travel
- School programs that range from in-the-field to at-school, to after school
- Distance learning and video conferencing at our Gregg Interactive Learning Studio
- 13 aquariums and live animal tanks represent habitats from tide pools and ponds to the deep sea
- Community events geared toward fun and education on the seacoast:
- Music-by-the-Sea summer concerts, Whale of a 5K Trail Race and Fun Run, Art in Nature week, and dawn-to-dusk Bioblitz!.
The Seacoast Science Center is an independent 501 (c)3 non-profit educational institution.
- 1=Seacoast Sun: quarterly print newsletter
- 2=Seacoast Star: monthly e-newsletter
We are always seeking individuals who want to lend a hand. All volunteer applicants are required to submit a written application. Through a personal interview, we match your areas of interest with the opportunities at the Center. Volunteers coming aboard will receive an orientation, which may include preliminary or on-the-job training prior to your assignment. We welcome applications from individuals of diverse age, experience, ethnicity and physical ability.
Our birthday parties are a fun and educational way for your child (age 4 and up) to celebrate their birthday. Just choose from one of our popular themes and leave the planning to us! When you arrive, your private party room will be decorated and ready for action.
Special Event Rental
This information, including business hours, addresses and contact information is provided for general reference purposes only. No representation is made or warranty is given as to its content or the reliability thereof. User assumes all risk of use. Stories USA, Inc. and its content suppliers assume no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use. Please call ahead to verify the dates, the location and directions.