Street Address
Mill Street
Bellows Falls, VT 05101
Mailing Address
47 Atkinson Street
Bellows Falls, VT 05101
Mill open June to October
Saturday, Sunday 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.

Group Tours
Dennis Ladd, Bellows Falls Historical Society President
phone: 802-463-3734
Cathy Bergmann, Bellows Falls Historical Society Board Member
phone: 802-463-3092


All exhibitions are available by appoitment with President Dennis Ladd or board member Stewart Read (803 376 6789).

Built in 1831 by John Cary as a grain mill and feed store, it was powered by water drawn from the canal, which passed just to the west of the mill's present front entrance. The mill contains the museum of the Bellows Falls Historical Society and is open to the public on a limited basis and by appointment.

Artifacts Collections

Vermont Farm Machinery, business, farm, railroad, industrial, mill, mercantile.


Access: General Public

Appointment required: Yes


Group Tours