40 Park Ave
Hampton, NH 03842
PO Box 1601
Hampton, NH 03843
Betty H. Moore, Executive Director
Several years ago, the Hampton Historical Society acquired this school house, which stood on Lafayette Road near the North Hampton town line, and moved it to its present site on the Meeting House Green.
The school house has been restored with authentic school furniture, books, and equipment covering several eras and showing the educational growth of the Hampton schools since 1750.
This is the last of Hampton's 19th century one-room schoolhouses. It can be seen in a childhood watercolor painting by Charles Henry Turner. The door to the schoolhouse is thought to be the front door of the Garrison House built in 1600. It came into the ownership of the Toppan family in 1727 and was given to the museum as an example of architecture from the colonial era.
This information, including business hours, addresses and contact information is provided for general reference purposes only. No representation is made or warranty is given as to its content or the reliability thereof. User assumes all risk of use. Stories USA, Inc. and its content suppliers assume no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use. Please call ahead to verify the dates, the location and directions.