Address
Mulberry and Carroll Boulevard
Denton, TX 76201
phone: 940-349-2865
e-mail: robyn.lee@dentoncounty.com
web: dentoncounty.com
Hours
Tuesday - Saturday10 AM - 12 PM & 1 PM - 3 PM
Closed Mondays and Holidays
Admissions
Donation includes admission to all three museums: Courthouse-on-the-Square Museum
Bayless-Selby House Museum
Denton County African American Museum
Free Admission except for Scheduled Group Tours
Services
Group Tours
Staff
Robyn Lee, Tour Contact

Description

Visit the Museums in the Historical Park of Denton County. They include the Bayless-Selby House Museum and the Denton County African American Museum.

Four new buildings are planned for the Historical Park; The Elm Ridge Church, Old No. 14 Fire House, Welcome Center and an 1890s Outhouse.

The Welcome Center was moved to the Historical Park site on May 30, 2008. Bill Marquis completed the exterior restoration in July 2008 and is now working on the interior of the building.

The Elm Ridge Church was moved from its location on Hwy 380 to its pre-restoration site on August 12, 2008. The roof which had been damaged during a storm in 2007 was removed for the move so that it could pass under the overpass on Hwy 380. After restoration and fundraising, the church will be moved to the Historical Park where the Denton County Historical Commission plans to make it available for weddings and other events.

Watch our website for information about more buildings that are planned for the historical park.

History

Denton County was established by the Texas legislature on April 11, 1846, shortly after Texas abandoned its dream of being a Republic and joined the United States.

ADA

Wheelchair Accessible

Services

Group Tours