Street Address
2043 Curlew Road
Palm Harbor, FL 34683
Mailing Address
2043 Curlew Road
Palm Harbor, FL 34683
phone: 727-724-3054
fax: 727-724-3056
e-mail: palmharbormuseum@outlook.com
web: www.PalmHarborMuseum.com
Hours
Wednesday - Saturday10 AM - 3 PM
Open Sundays October - May
Admissions
Palm Harbor Museum receives no government support and relies solely on donations and memberships from people like you, who care about cultural heritage and understand the benefits of preserving the past for future generations. We firmly believe in what we do and recognize the significance of our mission and the importance of history education to our residents and children of all ages.
Free. Donations Accepted.
Services
Gift Shop
Special Event Rental
Staff
Kim Pulli, President
phone: 727-724-3054
Ric Clark, Vice-President
phone: 727-724-3054
Stephanie Chill, Curator
phone: 727-724-3054
Stephanie Smith, Treasurer

Description

History of the founding and development of Palm Harbor.

The Palm Harbor Historical Society, incorporated January 22, 1983, was the result of decades of work and planning by many Palm Harbor residents, some who were born here along with others who embraced Palm Harbor as their own after moving here from elsewhere. These citizens had, after watching the rapid economic and social change all around them, concluded that the Palm Harbor area had a rich history that should be preserved, shared and revealed for the benefit of current and future residents and visitors.

This group of citizens began collecting everything from the past that they could lay hands on. These items, including pictures, artifacts, furnishings, journals, records and genealogies, were stored, and sometimes displayed, at various locations in Palm Harbor as residents and businesses donated space for the collection.

Mission

To preserve and protect the area's history, to educate the public, and, to promote the historic culture and ambiance of our community.

History

In 1996, the historic Hartley House (built 1914-1919 with concrete block construction done on site) was acquired by Pinellas County and by happy agreement was given into the care of the Palm Harbor Historical Society. The house was rehabilitated and on November 7, 1998, was opened as a museum, now called the North Pinellas Historical Museum.

Governance

Palm Harbor Historical Society

Library

Access: General Public

Appointment required: No

ADA

Wheelchair Accessible

Parking

Restrooms

Services

Gift Shop

Special Event Rental