41 St. George Street
Saint Augustine, FL 32085
P.O. Box 1960
Saint Augustine, FL 32084
Polly M. Hillier, Executive Director
Rev. Fr. George Ioannou, Chaplain
Bishop Dimitrios, of Xanthos
The Shrine is built on the site of the Avero House which was a 1972 University of Florida excavation site. It is dedicated to the first colony of Greek people who came to America in 1768 and consists of exhibits depicting the life of early Greeks in America and the development of the Greek Orthodox Church and St. Photios Chapel.
The Saint Photios Greek Orthodox National Shrine is a living memorial to the first Greek settlers on the American continent and to all the Greek Orthodox pioneers whose love of freedom and desire for a better life for themselves and their children brought them to this New World.
This information, including business hours, addresses and contact information is provided for general reference purposes only. No representation is made or warranty is given as to its content or the reliability thereof. User assumes all risk of use. Stories USA, Inc. and its content suppliers assume no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use. Please call ahead to verify the dates, the location and directions.