Street Address
4 Yardley Avenue
Fallsington, PA 19054
Mailing Address
4 Yardley Avenue
Fallsington, PA 19054
Hours
REGULAR OFFICE hours (May-October):
Tuesday - Saturday10 AM - 4 PM
Sundayclosed
CLOSED on Sundays, plus the weekends of Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, and Thanksgiving.
REGULAR Guided Tour hours (May-October):
Tuesday - Saturday10:30 AM - 3:30 PM
Sundayclosed
CLOSED on Sundays, plus the weekends of Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, and Thanksgiving.
WINTER OFFICE hours (November-April):
Please contact us to schedule a tour or discuss program options.
Monday - Friday10 AM - 4 PM
Sundayclosed
Admissions
Self-guided walking tour brochure: $1/each
Adults: $7
Children (6-12): $3
Children under 5: Free
Services
Gift Shop
Group Tours
Staff
Kimberly Boice, Executive Director
phone: 215-295-6567

Description

Historic Fallsington, Inc. (HFI) preserves six buildings including a hand-hewn Log House, Federal-style Townhouse, Tavern and General Store.

The village of Fallsington grew up around the first Falls Friends Meetinghouse built in 1692 and became significant as a social, market and religious center.

Mission

To preserve the historical significance of the Village of Fallsington for future generations and to educate the public about its culture and rich history.

History

Historic Fallsington, Inc. is a private, non-profit historic preservation organization and museum which has been preserving and sharing the 300-year-old village of Fallsington for over 50 years. The organization was founded in 1953 in response to land development pressures that threatened the historical integrity of the village, consisting of over 90 historic buildings from the 17th, 18th, 19th, and early 20th centuries. The village was significant as a religious, social and market center for the surrounding community, as well as a stopover point for stagecoach travelers. While in residence at nearby Pennsbury Manor, William Penn attended religious services in Fallsington.

In recent years, the village has acquired additional significance for its sheer ability to survive, as industry; commercial strips, highways and housing developments have surrounded it. Through the support of members and friends, Historic Fallsington, Inc. has acquired, preserves and interprets six historic buildings in the context of their cultural landscapes. Along with the buildings, Historic Fallsington maintains a collection of artifacts and materials reflecting Lower Bucks County history some of which provide furnishing exhibits for three of the buildings.

The first building acquired by Historic Fallsington, Inc. was the Burges-Lippincott House. The elegant federal period house and home of the village doctor in the mid-19th century was restored by the organization in early 1960. In 1967 the organization restored the Stagecoach Tavern, a late 18th century structure, which was operated as a tavern or inn from 1799 until Prohibition. The restoration of the Schoolmaster’s House followed in the early 1970's. The Falls Monthly Meeting of Friends had originally constructed the house in 1758 for its schoolmaster. Shortly thereafter, in 1972, the Moon-Williamson Log House, a c.1760 settler’s hand-hewn log house, was restored. Currently, the Gillingham General Store, a c.1910 general store, is the site of Historic Fallsington, Inc.’s headquarters. The Gambrel Roof House, a 1728 stone meetinghouse which became a girls’ boarding school in the 19th century, is now an apartment building.

Artifacts Collections

An expansive collection that highlights local and more general history of the area

Research Collections

A collection that includes information about many of the families that lived and worked in the area and region.

Educational Programs

We offer an array of educational programs that highlight the varied history of the historic Village and those living and working in the surrounding communities. Please contact us to discuss the interest and needs of your group, including the budget.

    Governance

    Historic Fallsington Inc.’s mission is to preserve and maintain the historic structures under its stewardship for future generations and educate the public about the culture and history of the village of Fallsington.

    Historic Fallsington, Inc.’s Board of Trustees is responsible for the overall policy of the organization. The Executive director implements policy as set forth by the Trustees. A small staff assists the director in daily operations and a dedicated group of volunteers support programming as needed.

    Library

    Access: General Public, Students, Scholars, Members

    Appointment required: Yes

    Publications

    Quarterly newsletter.

      ADA

      Please contact us directly to discuss your needs.

      Services

      Museum Store

      The Antique & Craft Shop provides a charming selection of collectibles and antiques appropriate to Fallsington. Your purchase of these items supports our educational, community outreach, and preservation programs.

      About our Tours

      Guided walking tours cover Meetinghouse Square and the interiors of three of our preserved buildings - the Moon-Williamson Log House, the Burges-Lippincott House, and the Stagecoach Tavern. The focus is on historic architecture, material culture, and local history. Plan on about an hour.

      The tour is less than 1/4 mile of relatively flat walking. We regret that the preserved buildings are not wheelchair accessible.

      We have a pamphlet outlining a self-guided, walking tour of the principal significant buildings in Fallsington. A complete, self-guided tour of Fallsington would involve up to two miles of relatively flat walking, and encompasses up to ninety 17th through 19th century structures, of which about 21 are described in the pamphlet.

      Gift Shop

      Group Tours