Street Address
20881 E. Main Street
Harrah, OK 73045
Mailing Address
P.O. Box 846
Harrah, OK 73045
Hours
Tuesday, Thursday10 AM - 4 PM

Admissions
Free
Services
Group Tours
Staff
Tom Barron, President
Jerry Lowber, Vice President
Anita Wallinger, Secretary & Curator
Betty Batt, Treasurer & Curator
Ruth Shaw, Curator
Jeanne Ann Weller, Curator
Juanita Maxey, Curator
Shirley Thompson, Curator
Ruthann Boydston, Curator
Olivia Voyles, Curator
Pat Russell, Curator

Description

The new museum opened in April, 2008. The building of the museum was, in part, funded by a grant from the Oklahoma Centennial Commission and many local donations.

History

Our organization was founded in 1977. A museum building, a Rock Island Depot,and a 1928 shoe shop with equipment open to the public. Outdoor artifacts include a caboose and two coal cars. The History Center landscaping is now complete with brick walkways, patio/firepit, and a rose garden. A metal laser-cut land run sign depicts the early day history of our community (once known as Pennington,Sweeney, and Harrah).

Artifacts Collections

Rock Island railroad artifacts, OG&E, Harrah schools, artifacts from former Harrah physician, artifacts from 19th and 20th century families, etc.

Research Collections

Familiy histories including early day Polish settlers, transcribed interviews, cemetery records, businesses, organizations, Potawatomi Indian allotments, school records, Church records . . .

Educational Programs

Historical Society sponsored programs . . . free, and public is always invited.

    Governance

    Harrah Historical Society is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization.

    Library

    Access: General Public, Students, Scholars, Members

    Appointment required: No

    Publications

    Newsletter:
    Issue #1 - January
    Issue #2 - April
    Issue #3 - July
    Issue #4 - October

      ADA

      Wheelchair Accessible

      Services

      Group Tours