Street Address
103 S. Oak St.
Crivitz, WI 54114
Mailing Address
P. O. Box 776
Crivitz, WI 54114
phone: 715-854-3278
e-mail: frgreen@yahoo.com
web: www.villageofcrivitz.com/
Hours
Memorial Day through Labor Day
Thursday - Saturday12 PM - 4 PM
Admissions
Free
Staff
John Deschane, President

Description

A collection of area history areas included: Village of Crivitz, Towns of Stephenson, Lake, Middle Inlet Lake Noquebay Area and Peshtigo River flowages

Crivitz was founded in 1883 by a forward thinking businessman named Fredrick J. Bartels and named after his hometown of Crivitz Germany. Our businesses and citizens maintain that same sense of vision and forward thinking today. New business is welcomed and encouraged by the Village Board of Trustees and the Crivitz Business and Recreation Associations. We remain in close contact with our “sister city” in Germany through the Sister City organization. In Crivitz we believe in remembering our heritage while keeping an eye on the future.

Culture and education in Crivitz is centered in our great school system, long recognized for its excellent educational opportunities. The pride of Crivitz is our high school band, which has performed across the country and at events in Canada, winning friends and awards as it travels. The administrative staff is committed to a quality education for our youth. Northeastern Wisconsin Technical College maintains a regional training center for adult education in the community. The history of Crivitz is being maintained at the Crivitz-Stephenson Historical Society Museum located near the High School. The Crivitz area library located downtown has books and programs for all ages.

Library

Access: General Public

Appointment required: No

ADA

Wheelchair Accessible