577 Great Neck Road SOUTH
Mashpee, MA 02649
|Tuesday - Thursday||10 AM - 3 PM|
|Friday - Saturday||10 AM - 5 PM|
|Sunday||12 PM - 5 PM|
*The Museum is closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Day, Easter, and Memorial Day. Mondays: CLOSED *except Monday holidays
General (Ages 1 - 59): $7
Seniors (60 and over): $6
Online Gift Shop
Special Event Rental
Barbara Cotton, Executive Director
Holly Dayton, Director of Operations
A non-profit organization, the Cape Cod Children’s Museum is a place where families can learn and play together. Come and explore our facilities located in Mashpee. With lots of hands on Exhibits, Programs, and Gift Shop you’ll find plenty to do! Make new friends and learn about our many events and programs while your child is free to explore, touch and discover.
Although we are located in Mashpee, you can find us all over the Cape and Islands prompting our mission of “bringing families together”. Keeping ourselves integrated in the Cape Cod communities so that all have the opportunity to share the joy that we feel here at the Cape Cod Children’s Museum.
Children up to the age of eight love the large variety of exhibits and programs, so plan on staying for a few hours at least! Check out our hours to make sure you’ll have plenty of time to play!
All the excitement can make you hungry! The Museum allows you to grab a bite to eat outside of our facilities and still come back that day for more fun. There are many delicious locations nearby to sit down and have a meal with your family. On a nice day we welcome you to enjoy our picnic tables for a brown bag lunch or a yummy hot dog/hamburger from Frank’s Franks food cart right outside our museum. Unfortunately, there is no food or drink allowed inside the museum but we have a water cooler and vending machine in our lobby…a great place to catch a breath and have a snack
With over 20 interactive exhibits, the Cape Cod Children’s Museum has something fun for all ages! Exhibits include:
Bernoulli, Castle Area, Craft Table, Diner, Geo Board, Gravity Wall, Music Room, Pirate Ship, Planetarium, Post Office, Puzzle Tables, Reading Wagon, Room # 1 & 2, Raceways, Submarine, Train and Tree House.
The mission of the Cape Cod Children’s Museum is to provide a learning environment that stimulates curiosity, creativity and imagination, inspiring children and their families to engage with each other, their community and the world at large.
The history of the Museum is inspirational. In the winter of 1990, three Falmouth women who considered the possibility of creating a children’s museum on Cape Cod, confirmed this need in the community through a research project sponsored by Bridgewater State College. Donations, fundraisers, and hours of volunteering led to the opening of the Museum in a local mall in Falmouth in 1992. Dozens of exhibits focused on science and dramatic play. The staff developed programs and classes for preschool children, and created outreach programs for the local schools. The Museum quickly became a treasured part of the community and an important resource for area families.
Ten years later, the Museum relocated to an 8,000 square foot building in nearby Mashpee. The move was a positive one, as the new more central location helped the Museum gain a significant increase in visitation. Throughout its years of operation, the Museum has sustained itself primarily through admissions, memberships, Museum store sales, educational programming, and birthday parties. The ability for the Museum to sustain itself for so long demonstrates the strong community support.
The Cape Cod Children’s Museum offers both pre-registered programs, daily drop-in classes, and traveling programs that enhance the teachings of preschools, elementary schools, and other children’s organizations with fun and engaging hands-on learning.
Book a field trip to our Museum and watch your children enjoy themselves while learning in a relaxed, playful atmosphere!
To book a field trip, please call the Museum at (508) 539-8788 at least 2 days in advance. For the benefit of the students, the Museum attempts to schedule no more than 60 children at one time for Museum visits. One chaperone is required for every 5 children.
Publication from our "Parent Trap" available online - Right NOW!
- My Cape Cod Magic by J Bean Palmer: A beautifully illustrated early reader for parent and child, based on an engaging poem and with fifteen, fine art, picture-postcard images of classic Cape Cod scenes reminiscent of children s picture books more commonly found a century ago, but also refreshingly today.
- Hello Cape Cod! by Martha Zschock: Commonwealth Editions best-selling author, Martha Day Zschock has created a new board book series about favorite places in New England. Hello Cape Cod! takes children and the parents who read to them along Cape Cod, with its many fun and sometimes tasty attractions.
- Great escapes by Barbara Gleason: “This is a children’s book which focuses on the activities to do in many of the Cape Cod towns. If you were from the area I think the book would be an excellent way to get your child interested in the many adventures they can experience in the area. I am not from the area. Although I will use the book for ideas when I visit the Cape Cod area on vacation.” Review by Brent Soderstrum.
- Grammie and the Gecko by Sharon DeNucci: This book is about a 4 year old boy who helps his Grammie and a little blue gecko called Ava conquer their fear of each other by bringing out the one thing they have in common . . . pearls! It’s a reminder that despite our differences, we can all find a way to be friends.
- Journey Around Cape Cod & the Islands Cookbook by Heather & Martha Zschock: From cranberries to the catch-of-the-day, this collection of delicious recipes and clever cooking tips is much more than a cookbook. Each page is brimming with coastal secrets only a native would know.
- Cape Cod Critters by Lori Devlin: A delightful introduction to Cape Cod’s most beloved creatures by Cape resident Lorri Devlin. Vivid photography and light-hearted illustrations make Cape Cod Critters an instant favorite with young readers. From tiny plankton to giant humpback whales, Cape Cod Critters features wildlife from the Cape’s diverse habitats-tidal pools, salt marshes, meadows, woods and of course, the sea and shore. A perfect gift for young explorers everywhere.
Parking is free, abundant and convenient!
Our facilities are equipped for any foreseeable emergency. We have both a woman’s and family restroom on the premises along with a private changing and nursing area. Our staff is trained and prepared with a full first aid kit and emergency procedures.
Celebrate Your Next Party with Us!
The Cape Cod Children’s Museum loves celebrating you and your family and what better way to do so than a party! Either for your next birthday, graduation, or family reunion the museum is a wonderful place to bring everyone together!
The Museum is available for rent after business hours and is a great place to get the whole family together! Call the museum at (508) 539-8788 to book your rental today!
Most visitors find it hard to resist our fully equipped “Parent Trap” gift shop!
Online Gift Shop
Special Event Rental
This information, including business hours, addresses and contact information is provided for general reference purposes only. No representation is made or warranty is given as to its content or the reliability thereof. User assumes all risk of use. Stories USA, Inc. and its content suppliers assume no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use. Please call ahead to verify the dates, the location and directions.