Street Address
107 Dedham Street
Dover, MA 02030
Mailing Address
PO Box 534
Dover, MA 02030
Hours
Spring and Fall Hours
Saturday1 PM - 4 PM
Other times by appointment.
Admissions
Free - Donations always welcomed and appreciated.
Services
Gift Shop
Staff
Priscilla Jones, Vice President
Elisha Lee, President

Description

The Town of Dover began as the Fourth Precinct of Dedham, Springfield Parish, in 1748. It was separated as the District of Dover in 1784 and became the Town of Dover in 1836. The history of Dover can still be seen in buildings and sites existing today. The first Meetinghouse was raised in 1754 and its first minister, the Reverend Benjamin Caryl, accepted the call in 1762, serving for fifty years. At this time, there were 352 inhabitants and 49 houses in Dover.

Services

Gift Shop