The Old Fire Station
9 Sullivan Avenue
Easton, MA 02356
PO Box 417
Easton, MA 02356
|Tuesday - Friday||9 AM - 5 PM|
|Sunday, Saturday||12 PM - 5 PM|
call ahead for holiday and summer hours
Free parking • Outdoor Learning Center - The Wild Place
The Wild Place is open April 1 to November 30 (weather dependent). The Wild Place is the Museum's outdoor learning center and it includes picnic tables, a music area, butterfly garden and more.
General Admission: $9
Children under 1: Free
Special Event Rental
Paula J. Peterson, Executive Director and Co-Founder
Karen Frick, Visitor and Member Services Manager
Steven Hill, Contact
The Children's Museum in Easton welcomes families to participate in our cultural, educational, and affordable events! Children can enjoy a day of golf, a frightfully fun Halloween Romp, a Holiday Shop, more! See our website for a year-round schedule of upcoming events.
Come learn and play in the Old Fire Station! You are invited to explore our three floors of interesting and hands-on exhibits which promote creativity, learning, and social interaction between children and adults.
Field Trips/Group Visits
A visit to the Children's Museum will be an experience full of learning, creativity and discovery! After a brief orientation by Museum staff, your group will be divided into several small groups.
Participate in one of our several entertaining and educational programs designed to meet the needs of your child! These fantastic activities will encourage children to put their imagination toward learning in fun and exciting ways!
Where Do the Children Play?
The Children's Museum in Easton is offering a free film and discussion on the benefits of play. Schools and organizations that are interested in bringing this program to their teachers, parents, and community leaders are invited to call the Children's Museum in Easton at 508-230-3789 to arrange a time that is convenient. "Where Do the Children Play?" is a PBS documentary, book, and outreach project about the vital importance of open-ended play for the healthy development of children.
At the Museum, we view play and hands-on experience as the keys to stimulate curiosity and motivate learning in children.
- For families, the Museum offers more than 100 programs, classes, and special events, which focus on the topics of science, movement and music, healthy living/wellness and creative arts. Programs are designed to engage children in learning and be fun for all ages.
- For schools and other agencies, the Museum offers field trip programs as well as outreach programs which bring our hands-on learning experiences to children. Programs are designed to meet the Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks and focus on science, movement and music, healthy living/wellness and creative arts.
- For the underserved, our Hand-in-Hand program provides free and reduced fee access to decrease the barriers minority, low-income, and special-needs families face in accessing the Museum.
- For parents and teachers, the Museum offers a wealth of resources, from community discussions on serious issues like the lack of play in children's lives, and healthy living and obesity prevention strategies to practical daily parenting tips.
private non-profit 501 (c)3
We publish a Quarterly Newsletter and monthly E-newsletter.
- Museum Magic
- Children's Museum in Easton E-News
Our facility is a 100 year-old, 3 story, wooden frame building. We do not have an elevator, but we do have ramps that access our Main Exhibit Hall and our lower level, the FETCH! Challenge Lab and party room. Our staff will be glad to assist you or members of your group, but please call ahead to inform us. Strollers and carriages? Backpacks are preferable, since stairs can make strollers and carriages hard to navigate.
If you want to host a memorable birthday party or other private event, come to the Children's Museum! You can book your party here and be assured that your guests will have a thoroughly good time. You can choose your own kind of party; from a daytime party, private party, or even and animal party!
Our program/party room is available
Our program/party room is available for lunch most weekdays from 11am-12:30pm, except during school vacation weeks and other special programs. Please call ahead for availability.
Museum Gift Shop
From special birthday gifts, goodie bag treats and stocking stuffers, our selection includes many award-winning lines and Parent Choice products. We carry classic toys like origami sets, colorful jump ropes, magnetic marbles and more, as well as award-winning lines that parents love.
Special Event Rental
This information, including business hours, addresses and contact information is provided for general reference purposes only. No representation is made or warranty is given as to its content or the reliability thereof. User assumes all risk of use. Stories USA, Inc. and its content suppliers assume no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use. Please call ahead to verify the dates, the location and directions.