Street Address
Second and Fir
Deer Trail, CO 80105
Mailing Address
P.O. Box 176
Deer Trail, CO 80105
Hours
Summer
Saturday2 PM - 4 PM
Winter - by appointment
Admissions
Free. Donations Accepted.
Staff
Susan Eldringhoff, Curator

History

In December, 1967, the first organizational group for the Pioneer Historical Society met at the Deer Trail Town Hall. Four months later, a constitution was adopted.

On June 3, 1970, a real estate agent for Union Pacific Railroad presented a deed for their depot to the Pioneer Historical Society, and plans were made for its move to Centennial Park. A group of Historical Society directors broke ground at the current site on June 24, 1970. A steel building and men's and women's restrooms were added to the site as well.

A group of Historical Society directors broke ground at the current site on June 24, 1970. A steel building and men's and women's restrooms were added to the site as well.

A log house, home to the pioneer Brand family, was moved to the museum grounds and restored.

A one-room pioneer school house was dedicated in 2002. The school house was originally home to the Benham school which was renamed the Evergreen school, located northeast of Deer Trail. The school's enrollment was generally 15-22 students. It closed around 1920.